Vulcan Combined Cycling & Walking Tour
The Vulcan Combined Cycling & Walking Tour …
Prices are starting indications, per person, based on two people sharing a twin room, and include standard bike hire. Please make a booking enquiry for a confirmed price based on your chosen dates and exact requirements.
In this tour you will discover the authentic island and its wilderness. You will spend the first 2 days walking the northen cliffs of Famara ridge, where in some points the walls fall from 600 meters to the sea.
Despite Lanzarote being a piece of the Sahara desert in the middle of the Atlantic, you will be surprised by the green valleys of Haria and its thousand palm trees. The end of your walk will be in the lovely fishermen village of Orzola, where you will take a 20 minutes boat to the unique island of la Graciosa, where you will forget the rest of the planet for 2 nights.You can discover la Graciosa, walking or renting a bike and cycling this jewel of the nature, with some of the most beautiful beaches of the world.
After returning to Lanzarote you will continue discovering the island on a trekking bike, one of the best ways to see this magic territory. During the next 3 days you will have the opportunity to visit the most beautiful villages of Punta Mujeres, Arrieta, Guatiza, Teguise the former capital of the island, Uga, Yaiza…all cosy, clean and traditional.
Nature became crazy in Lanzarote and gave to the island all kind of rough volcanic landscapes, a mixture of impossible colours….black of the lava, mixed with the white sands of the beaches and the green of the wines in the valley of la Geria, where men have cooperated with the volcanoes to create a moon landscape where produce one of the best white wines of Spain. It’s difficult to describe how many landscapes and things to do and see in so small an island.
You will swim in the blue waters of la Graciosa, Caleta de Famara, Arrieta, Puerto del Carmen….having the opportunity to play with the waves or just lay on the sand and
sunbathing. This ocean provides us fantastic sea food to enjoy with a good white wine of Lanzarote.
An example itinerary:
- Arrival – Transfer from the airport to the nearby Puerto del Carmen Resort. If we have time, we can take a dip in the crystal clear Atlantic Ocean or go for a stroll and enjoy the active seaside area.
- Caleta de Famara – Haria or Maguez – Early in the morning we will transfer from Puerto del Carmen hotel till Caleta de Famara to start the walk towards Haria or Maguez – and amazing walk through green valleys and over overwhelming cliffs. Sleep in the lovely villages of Haria or Maguez. (approx 12km / 710m climbing)
- Haria or Maguez – Orzola – We continue the amazing route over the cliffs to arrive to the Mirador del Rio and descend to the beautiful fishermen harbor of Orzola, where we will take the boat to la Graciosa. (16km / 880m climbing)
- La Graciosa – Choose between walking or renting a bike to discover the island. We will advise about all the possibilities. Sleep in la Graciosa.
- Orzola – Caleta de Famara – Today we become cyclists and return early from la Graciosa. From Orzola we start cycling towards Caleta de Famara, with the opportunity to visit Jameos del Agua, Cueva de los Verdes, Punta Mujeres, Arrieta, Guatiza and Jardin de Cactus, and the beautiful village of Teguise. The day ends in the surfers paradise Caleta de Famara. (44km / 570m climbing)
- Caleta de Famara – Uga or Yaiza – As bikers we will ride quiet roads visiting farming areas close to Tinajo and la Santa. Afterwards we will have the opportunity to visit the Timanfaya National Park, before arriving to the charming villlages of Yaiza or Uga (52km / 740m climbing)
- Uga or Yaiza – Puerto del Carmen – Today we cycle a loop trough the Salinas de Janubio, los Hervideros, El Golfo, to return by a different route to Yaiza and then visit la Geria and their wineries, before heading Puerto del Carmen visiting small villages
trough small roads. End of the tour in Puerto del Carmen. (49km / 680m climbing)
For our Vulcan Combined Cycling & Walking Tours you will be provided with a hybrid bike, fitted with reliable Shimano components – ideal for a comfortable ride through the incredible landscape of Lanzarote. Electric bikes are available for a small additional supplement.
A wide range of alternative styles of bike, and bike upgrades, are available. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the options.