For each of our cycling tours, you will be provided with the latest bikes, carefully selected for the riding conditions, and meticulously maintained.
Mid-range aluminium or carbon fibre road bikes have been chosen, to offer the perfect combination of light weight and reliability. Equipped with Shimano 105 or Ultegra components for slick shifting and confidence-inspiring braking, and a compact chainset to provide the range of ratios to keep you spinning on the exhilarating climbs and descents that Spain has to offer.
Aluminium framed “hybrid” touring bikes are provided for the combination of roads and cycle trails you will encounter. With a comfortable riding position and a triple chainset, the bikes have been selected for long days enjoying the delights of cycling in Spain.
There is the option to upgrade to an Electric bike on many of our Cycle Touring holidays.
We have a range of quality hardtail mountain bikes with suspension forks. The bikes are equipped with Shimano gears and disc brakes. For those demanding a higher specification bike please ask.
For your own comfort we suggest that you bring your own SPD pedals, helmet and hydration pack.
All bikes come equipped with puncture repair kit, spare inner tube, water bottle, pannier (Cycle Touring) and helmet.
If you wish to use your own pedals, your own bike, or have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Our rides are catgorized as follows:
- Easy to Moderate – mostly flat terrain, with up to 500m of cumulative climbing daily. Suitable if you ride and exercise at least once or twice a week – create your path …
- Moderate – rolling hills and occasional moderate climbs with 250-1000m of cumulative climbing daily. Suitable if you ride two to three times a week, and exercise fairly hard a few times a week – create your path …
- Moderate to Difficult – challenging climbs and descents with 500-1000m+ of cumulative climbing daily. Suitable if you are a regular rider and exercise regularly for sustained periods – create your path …
For our Cycle Touring holidays clients must be comfortable riding a multi-geared Hybrid style bike on non-tarmac surfaces.
Map reading skills are an essential component of our Self-Guided holidays.
Clients are responsible for repairing a flat tyre en-route on our Self-Guided holidays.
Included with our tours:
- Luggage transfers between all hotels.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation staying in 2, 3 & 4 star hotels.
- Detailed maps and route notes for all walks and rides.
You will need to arrange your own:
- Lunches and evening meals.
- Transfers to and from the start and end of your holiday.
- Travel insurance.
High Season supplement
For cycling and walking holidays during individual tour operators’ high season periods, a supplement may be applied – we will confirm this when indicating the price for your tour, based on your chosen dates and additional requests.
Single supplement charges
Additional charges will apply to occupancy of a Double Room for Individual use and for a Private Guided tour for one person – where applicable, these will be confirmed when indicating the price for your tour.
Non-rider or non-walker charge
The minimum charge for a non rider or non walker accompanying the group on holiday is a charge of 105 Euros per person per day.
We accept a range of payment methods, including bank transfer, PayPal and by Credit or Debit Card via this website.
To ensure that your booking is confirmed, a 50% deposit is required.
The remaining 50% of your payment is required to be paid no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date of your stay. If the 50% remaining payment is not paid 30 days prior to the commencement date, you may lose your reservation.
- 30 days or more prior to the start of the tour = 75% refund for cancellation.
- 15 – 30 days prior to the start of the tour = 50% refund for cancellation.
- 7 – 15 days prior to the start of the tour = 25% refund for cancellation.
- less than 7 days prior to the start of the tour = no refund for cancellation.
If you would like to change your tour dates we will do what we can to change your hotel reservations. However, if a hotel applies a cancellation charge, then this charge will have to be paid for by the client. Additionally, an administration charge of 50 Euros will be applied.
Creative Catalonia is registered in Spain as a Sociedad Limitada (Limited Liability Company). Our CIF (Tax) registration number is B55078547.
We are a fully insured and bonded Travel Agency registered with the regional government of the Generalitat de Catalunya. Our registration number is GC-002647
Hire Bike Terms & Conditions
1) The client is responsible for paying for mechanical damage that occurs to a hire bicycle or Garmin GPS unit, including labour and the cost of replacing damaged parts. This excludes brake and gear cables as well as inner tubes.
2) The cost for callout for Creative Catalonia to repair a puncture on a self-guided tour is 100 Euros.
3) If a hire bicycle or Garmin GPS unit is stolen while being hired by a client, the client is responsible for the cost of replacing the bicycle.
General Terms & Conditions
1) In participating in a cycling or walking holiday with Creative Catalonia the client is aware of the fact that these activities have an inherent element of “risk”. It is obligatory that the client has checked with his or her travel insurance policy to confirm that he or she is covered to participate in the chosen activity.
2) Creative Catalonia takes all necessary precautions to reduce the element of risk during the activity. However, due to circumstances that are impossible to foresee or control (Force Majeure*) or for negligent behaviour on the part of the participant(s), Creative Catalonia can not be held responsible for any accident or incident that may occur.
* circumstances which may include civil disobedience, terrorism, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events beyond our control.
3) Access to any information on the Creative Catalonia Web Site is conditional on the acceptance of the following Legal Information. If you do not wish to accept any part of this Legal Information, you must not use our Web Site.
4) References on the Web Site to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to Creative Catalonia
5) Our Web Site DOES NOT contain all the information relevant to any holiday or travel arrangements you may book with us. In particular, all bookings are subject to our applicable booking conditions. All bookings are subject to the general information applicable in each instance. You must obtain a copy of our applicable booking conditions and this additional information together with all other relevant details relating to your chosen holiday or travel arrangements prior to making a booking with us.
6) Our booking conditions contain limitations and exclusions of our liability to any person(s) who books and/or takes any of our holidays and/or travel arrangements. Cancellation charges are payable if a booking is cancelled after it has been confirmed (see our Payment conditions).
7) No warranties, promises and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the accuracy of any of the information contained on our Web Site or as to the nature, standard, suitability or otherwise of any services offered by us or on our behalf. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or other) which may arise as a result, directly or indirectly, from the use of any of the information or material contained in our Web Site and/or use of or access to any other information or material via web links from our site or any inability to access or use of our Web Site.
8) The information shown on the Web Site is updated from time to time and therefore may have changed by the time you come to book your holiday or travel arrangements. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all such information and prices, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen holiday or travel arrangements (including the price) at the time of booking.
9) The copyright of the material contained on the web site belongs to Creative Catalonia unless otherwise stated.
In accordance with the Law of Protection of Personal Data 15/1999, data has been incorporated into a personal data file which is owned by CREATIVE CATALONIA, SLU, and is registered with the AEPD Customer Management.
In addition, data may be transferred, always protecting the data properly, to organizations or persons directly connected with the responsible tax authorities and banks. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to C / Josep Maria de Segarra, 12. 17246 Santa Cristina d’Aro (Girona), Spain or by sending an email to email@example.com.