Best of Mallorca (Moderate to Difficult)
A challenging road riding holiday taking in some of the very best mountain roads that Mallorca has to offer – from the very famous highlights like Cap Formentor Lighthouse and Sa Calobra, to other lesser-known rides like San Salvador and Cura Monastery rides, and the SW coast. A must for every cyclist coming to Mallorca.
Prices are starting indications, per person, based on two people sharing a twin room, and include standard bike hire. Please make a booking enquiry for a confirmed price based on your chosen dates and exact requirements.
Starting in the old capital, Sineau, where every Wednesday they still hold the farmers’ market as they have done since the 1300s, this road riding tour is the perfect introduction to both the famous sights of Mallorca, and some of the lesser-known highlights that local knowledge can provide.
The area around Sineau offers great variety and charm. On your day of arrival, you could take a walk to Es Molí den Pau for a traditional meal, to welcome you to the island. The following day offers a beautiful ride to the south of Sineau, towards Cura and Sant Salvador Monastery, with lunch in the square at Petra, birthplace of Friar Junipero Serra, who went on to found many of California’s missions and cities.
The transfer ride to Port Pollensa takes in lunch by the sea at La Terraza. Port Pollensa it’s a lovely old village with plenty of options for dinning and shopping for local products. It’s location is the perfect starting point to ride to the Cap Formentor Lighthouse and then ride towards Port de Soller along the Tramuntana Range including Sa Calobra, two of the highlights of cycling in Mallorca.
After a ride through the hills and beautiful villages of Mallorca’s olive producing region, the tour arrives at Port de Soller. Port de Soller is a natural harbour set in a gorgeous Valley in the heart of the Tramuntana mountian range, with amazing mountain views and dramatic cliffs that plunge down the Med. The valley is famous for its tasty and juicy oranges, the Soller Red Prawn, and the idyllic waterfront of the lovely harbour. Tucked between the mountains and the sea, Port de Soller offers the possibility of some incredible climbs and descents, before arriving at Cala Deia for lunch by the beach.
The tour finishes with probably the most spectacular ride on the island, along the South West coast, for lunch at Sant Elm, before transferring to Palma. The small city of Palma offers a buzzing old town, full of life and things to see – with the possibility of a walking tour about the city centre including a visit to La Seu, the stunning Palma Catehdral, or a walking culinary tour around town.
- Arrival in Sineu – A chance to explore Sineu, the old capital of Mallorca. Can include a walk to Es Molí den Pau for a traditional meal to welcome you to Mallorca.
- Sineu – Loop ride to the South of Sineau, including the climb up to Cura Monastery, with lunch in the square at Petra. (approx 66km)
- Port Pollensa – Ride from Sineau to Port Pollensa, via the Puig de Santa Magdalena climb, through the agricultural area of Sa Pobla, with lunch by the sea at La Terraza. (approx 80km)
- Port Pollensa – A ride to the Cap Formentor Lighthouse, back to Port Pollensa and on to Cala Sant Vincent for lunch. (approx 70km)
- Port de Soller – A ride through the main area of olive production in Mallorca, including the iconic climb to the top of Coll de Reis, before descending into Port de Soller. (approx 86km)
- Port de Soller – A ride over the Coll de Soller, and through mountain villages, to lunch by the beach at Cala Deia. (approx 49km)
- Palma de Mallorca – A spectacular rollercoaster ride through stunning villages to Sant Elm for lunch by the sea, ending with a transfer to Palma. (approx 70km)
- Departure from Palma – Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the airport.
Aluminium-framed hybrid bikes with a triple chainset, are provided for our Mallorca Cycle Touring holidays. Many riders prefer to use their own pedals and helmet – please let us know if you need these to be provided for you.
Each Bike will come with Saddle bag with spare inner tube, tyre leavers, hand pump and water bottle. Additionally a bag is provided, bike locks, multi tool, and extra inner tubes.
For those who prefer, we are also able to provide Trek Super Commuter+ 7 eBikes – built for reliability, speed and style, they are ideal for helping on the hills and for family groups where there is a range of levels of cycling experience.